Project Management & Employer's Representative
Our team are highly experienced project managers who understand the life cycle of the project delivery process and the intricacies of challenging projects. In the distribution market we have significant experience of automation, racking, fit out, M&E installations and occupier’s direct works.
In the education market the challenges are more to do with multiple stakeholder management, complex planning solutions, managing information for gateway reviews and sign off. The processes and tools are similar but the language and building construction technology are considerably different.
- Detail, detail, detail. That’s where the challenges are and that is where we apply ourselves.
- Teamwork. We develop collaboration to ensure the team is acting as one, all focused to customer satisfaction.
- Through in depth knowledge of the challenges from previous projects we can be ruthlessly proactive in pre-empting challenges and addressing them before they can create adverse effect.
- We provide stretching but realistic timescales for the team’s activities, cognisant that distribution projects move incredibly swiftly once commitment has been made, whilst education projects typically take longer due to the need for multiple gateway approvals.
- Our key to successful outcomes is ensuring the team understands their brief at the outset and delivers against that brief.
Our Project Management Service runs through the following phases of a project’s life cycle
- Project analysis and briefing
- Consultants appointments
- Masterplanning and approvals
- Pre-design planning
- Design development
- Risk and Value Management
- Fit out, managing clients fit out trades and move management
- Completion and handover
- Defects management
Contract Administration & Employer’s Agent
Projects in the distribution and logistics market are commonly procured on a design/build basis, creating the need for a contract administrator. They proceed at a very fast pace and it is essential that the administration of change, financial and programme consequence moves at the same pace to deliver successful outcomes. Kam provides experienced contract administrators conversant with the form of contract requirements.
Projects in the education market often use the NEC form of contract for which a contract administration role is required. There has been a growth in the use of design & build in the education market and the contract administration skills are generally similar.
As cost consultants, we manage all financial and contractual risk from inception to completion. We achieve this through proactive cost planning using pricing and benchmark data, effective procurement, budget control and always striving to mitigate commercial risk.
- Through our unrivalled sector knowledge, we understand value be it from the developer or occupiers perspective
- With our intimate supply chain knowledge we are able to gain fast access to be able to market test our cost plans
- We exceed expectations. Deadlines are beaten, not met
- We care, with passion that documents are issued right first time
- Accurate feasibility estimates are assembled in a very short time because of our specialist knowledge and heritage
Our cost management service
- Viability and feasibility studies
- Cost planning and estimating
- Cost reporting
- Design review studies
- Option appraisals
- Procurement advice
- Tender documentation
- Change cost control
- Final account preparation and agreement
- Risk and value management
- Project audit for corporate governance
- Dilapidation report costing
- Fire insurance valuations
Our additional services include Re-engineering studies, Tenant’s Rep., Due Diligence Surveys of Existing Stock, Fund’s Surveyor. Through our alliance with TKR Consultancy we can provide specialist NEC procurement and contract advice.
“'We at Bericote Properties are delighted at the formation of KAM Project Consultants. Where possible we prefer to work with privately owned smaller businesses who can deliver a focused and committed service and whose owners truly understand our business needs'.”
Director, Bericote Properties Ltd
“On Project Barley, commercially and administratively KAM have kept us tidy, correct and ahead of the game. In fact, in terms of contract administration, this is the best and most comprehensive service I have experienced.”
Project Manager, IDI Gazeley