KAM holds extensive expertise and knowledge in the development, refurbishment and conversion of hotels.
From budget to luxury
With significant experience in the hospitality and leisure sector spanning over 20 years, our team brings expertise and knowledge in the development, refurbishment and conversion of hotels across all segments from budget to luxury. Our teams work closely with developers, owners and hotel brands to help them to deliver successful outcomes and projects - a one team approach. Our understanding of the key cost and programme drivers, combined with understanding of the balance between creating operational efficiency and guest experience means we are well placed to support our clients.
Bringing a wealth of experience
Mark Shea, director at KAM Project Consultants Ltd brings over 25 years of experience in providing cost and project management support to clients in the hospitality and leisure sector. Mark has delivered projects for Clients across the UK, Europe and Middle East regions. Some of the projects delivered have included hotels with brands such as Jumeirah, Intercontinental Hotels Group and Accor amongst others. Prior to joining KAM Project Consultants, Mark led the hospitality sector for the UK, Europe & Middle East regions for two major consultancies. Mark’s depth of experience gained and success enjoyed have been underpinned by striving to deliver excellence for clients, to understand their aspirations and help them achieve solutions to the challenges and problems that they face. Mark places great emphasis on communication and working in a collaborative and approachable manner.
Some of Mark’s key legacy projects worked on to date include:
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel Renovation & Refurbishment project, Dubai, UAE
- Burj Al Arab External Terrace, Dubai, UAE
- Doha Oasis, Qatar
- Paddington Central Hotel, Liverpool, UK
- Exhibition Centre & Pullman Hotel, Liverpool, UK
- Queens Moat House Hotels Portfolio, UK & Europe
- Hard Rock Hotel Feasibility, Confidential European Location
- Orient Express Feasibility, Confidential Location, Turkey
Members of the KAM team have also played integral parts in the following projects:
- Cost management services for the refurbishment and rebranding of the existing 190 key Marriott Renaissance Hotel, Manchester into a 216 key Treehouse Hotel for Starwood Capital Group.
- Cost management services for the refurbishment and rebranding of the existing 5 star 288 key Skt Petri Hotel in Copenhagen for Starwood Capital Group.
- Project management and employer’s agent services for the construction of a new 103 key Hampton by Hilton hotel in Oxford.
- Project management and employer’s agent services for the construction of a 45 key bedroom extension to the existing Holiday Inn Express Southampton.
- Project management and employer’s agent services for the refurbishment of existing bedrooms to the Holiday Inn Reading.
KAM Project Consultants are pleased to be collaborating with London Rock Partners and supporting them with project and cost management advice across their portfolio of clients and hotels.
Want to talk to us about a project?